In 1983, the China University of Geosciences established a bachelor's degree in mineral economic management. In 2000, he obtained the right to confer a master's degree in industrial economics. In 2006, he was granted the right to confer a master's degree in applied economics. Granted the right, in 2013 was approved as a key discipline in Hubei Province. In 2015, he successfully passed the doctoral qualification assessment. Received a B-score in the fourth round of subject evaluation.
This discipline has a solid and broad theoretical foundation in economics, is proficient in a foreign language, and is capable of engaging in independent research or practical work in the economics academic field or management department. The specific requirements are:
(1) Possessing high political and ideological qualities, mastering the scientific worldview and methodology, fully developing moral and intellectual bodies, and becoming high-level professional talents required for socialist modernization.
(2) Possess solid basic economic theory and professional knowledge, and master scientific methodology. Able to carry out investigation and research, design schemes, construct models, empirical tests on real economic problems, and be able to independently engage in teaching, research and management of this subject.
(3) Widely understand the latest research developments in relevant fields at home and abroad, be able to creatively put forward new ideas, theories, methods or innovatively use the latest research results to solve important practical problems, and have the basis and ability to continue learning, innovation and improvement .
(4) Master a foreign language and have a high level, be able to read the literature of the subject, and conduct international academic exchanges.
The University's Master of Applied Economics has four research directions including industrial economics, regional economics, finance and international trade.
(1) Industrial economic research led by energy economy, mineral economy, and industrial ecological environment highlights its distinctive features.
(2) Regional economic research with the Yangtze River Economic Belt and urbanization as the main research objects has a high degree of visibility in China.
(3) Applied financial research focusing on improving the financial practice capabilities of resource-based industries
(4) International trade research featuring global carbon emissions trading, mineral trade, and international FDI technology spillover effects